Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Faux mac n cheese

So, recently i've found out that the supposed low carb pasta called "dreamfields" isn't really low carb (this will explain it for ya: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2011/05/19/low-carb-pasta-in-your-dreams/ ) and I might as well be eating regular pasta.  This evening, I really wanted some mac n cheese, since pasta is outta the question, i decided to use my awesome cheese sauce recepie with some mashed cauliflower.  Here's what I did:
1- boiled a bag of frozen cauliflower (i cook it longer than needed to make it extra tender)
2- drain
3- mash it up with a masher, don't food process it
4 - mix in my cheese sauce (here's the link: http://wwamot.blogspot.com/2011/04/vanessas-thick-cheesy-sauce.html  )
5 - enjoy, i like mine with salt and pepper!

It's super easy and healthy.  If you can't get your kids to eat veggies (heck, if you are GROWN and don't like veggies), this is a great way to trick them. Here's a picture for ya.  I know it looks weird, maybe like eggs, but it's really very good and I can't wait to eat the leftovers!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this...looks yummy and something different...:) Thanks!! Excited to follow your blog..I follow you on Fb...atkins..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the support! If you want, you can follow this blog by clicking on "follow" above on the upper left hand side, then i believe you get notified thru e-mail when I post something new. This is a super yummy recepie and it amazes me that cauliflower tastes soo great when cooked like this

    ReplyDelete