Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pizza chicken and a check-in!

It's been a while since my last post, but I'm happy to report I finally reached my goal!  My goal was 178, which I reached (and maintain at between 178-180).  So i've lost 35 pounds doing low carb (started March 13th) and 72 pounds total from Dec 15th.  If I lose any more, then it's just gravy.  
I've also started running about a month or so ago.  I'm getting faster, but I think my body will always resist!

Well, tonight I made some delish Pizza chicken.  I used boneless chicken thighs, but chicken breasts would be fine, if it's a good size, just cut in half.  Unless you can find the already flattened/pounded out chicken, you are going to want to use a meat flattener/tenderizer to pound your chicken out so it's flat.  After, pan cook and then transfer pieces to a baking dish, i used a 13x9-ish size, glass style.  once your chicken is in the baking dish, here's what you need:
-cheese of choice (i used cheddar, but mozzerlla or even provolone will do)
-pepperoni (i cut them in half)
-tomato sauce (hunts sells little tiny cans that are just a little bigger than the teeny tomato paste cans.  I find that the sauce they sell in those cans is the lowest carb and creates the least amt of waste)

1. preheat oven to 350.
2. spread desired amount of sauce onto the flattened chicken pieces
3. sprinkle with as much cheese as you'd like
4. cover the whole piece of chicken with pepperoni
5. put some more cheese on top. (you could also add other toppings if you are feeling creative).
6. bake for 14-18 min.

My mom, who is visiting (and who is super picky), loved this dish, even my oldest son and husband loved it.  I didn't calculate the carbs, but it's a pretty low count, especially low if you choose this over regular pizza!   

No comments:

Post a Comment