Thursday, May 12, 2011

A smaller me forever...in progress

This morning the scale said I weigh 195.2!  When I started atkins on March 13th, I was 212.  So, that means I've lost 17 pounds in 8 1/2 weeks : )  I'm pretty happy with these results.  I could have done even better, but when my parents were visiting the week prior to easter sunday, I cheated once during the week and once on easter sunday, causing a couple pounds of weight gain.  Looking back, those cheats weren't worth it.  Now when i think about cheating on my diet, I think to myself "does it taste as good as being thin feels?".  The answer is always "no".  I can't wait to lose 15-20 more pounds.  I want to be healthy and in shape for my husband and sons, as well as for the air force.


For those of ya'll interested in starting atkins and need help, leave a comment!
Here's some pics of where I'm at and I'm able to wear a pair of jeans now that I haven't worn since early 2009 (when i first got pregnant)!  I didn't lose enough weight inbetween my pregnancies to get my favorite jeans to fit, but now they do and i'm oh soo happy!



2 comments:

  1. Great job! Isn't Atkins the best? I really don't understand why more people don't eat this way.

    I'll see ya around fb. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am sure you feel great!!
    I lost 85 pounds on Atkins, in 10 months. Kept of for 3 years. Now I am back on it.It's the only Diet plan for me. It works. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete